Roundtable sessions offer a unique opportunity to come together with your peers in small groups to share best practice and develop solutions to critical challenges facing the hard-to-abate manufacturing sectors.
ROUNDTABLE 1: Hosted by Engie Impact
Managing the Urgency to Achieve Net Zero Manufacturing
Moderated by: Ben Moens, Managing Director for Sustainability Solutions, ENGIE Impact
Successfully developing a feasible yet ambitious energy transformation strategy to address Scope 1 & 2 emissions and helping to accelerate the decarbonisation of the manufacturing industry will have a significant material impact on the growing climate crisis.
And yet, while most businesses are optimistic about their sustainability programmes and capabilities, the fundamentals that enable them to achieve a fully-fledged green transformation—the decarbonisation enablers—are often not yet in place.
This interactive session will provide real-world insights to facilitate efficient, zero-carbon programmes across sites and geographies. We will offer practical advice on key success criteria such as:
• Balancing ambition levels vs costs of implementation
• Leveraging the available energy efficiency opportunities
• Identifying suitable technologies for delivering green heat
• Determining the optimum combination of decarbonisation levers
• Finding the most suitable contractual and financial approaches for implementing your strategy
• Knowing what to consider when developing an action plan for implementing decarbonisation projects
For the manufacturing sector to progress on its decarbonisation journey at the necessary pace and scale, companies need to address these topics to gain confidence in their preparedness for a low-carbon future.
ROUNDTABLE 2: Hosted by Glass Future
Moderated by: Hallam Wheatley, Collaboration Lead, Glass Futures
Other roundtables include...
3D Printing for sustainable manufacturing: turning sustainability commitments into action
Hosted by Gesa Schneider, Senior Territory Manager Central Europe, Markforged
Roundtable hosted by Wolters Kluwer
Roundtable hosted by BSR
Roundtable hosted by Climate Group